2021 4th Quarter Newsletter
Apply and Thrive: Hickam FCU Festivities
$1,000 Mastercard® Gift Card Giveaway
As your trusted financial institution, we're here to help you with your smallest and largest life moments. We offer a variety of loans to fit your financial needs, find one that's right for you.
When you submit a completed Hickam FCU loan application between October 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021, you will be entered into our $1,000 Mastercard Gift Card Giveaway. You could be one of three lucky winners to win.
Click here for the official giveaway rules. Mastercard ® and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
$50 Texaco® Gas Cards
The first one hundred Hickam FCU loans closed between October 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021 will receive a $50 Texaco gas gift card! If you need extra cash for that much-needed vacation or new set of wheels, apply for one of our loans today! We have a wide range of loan solutions to fit your needs. You can click below, visit any branch, or call our Loans Team at 808-432-9888.
The first one hundred (100) Hickam FCU members to close on any Hickam FCU loan between 12:00:00 a.m. HST October 1, 2021, to 11:59:59 p.m. HST December 31, 2021, will receive a $50.00 Texaco gas gift card. Gas gift cards will be awarded to eligible members on a weekly basis. Limited to one gas gift card per loan closed. For mortgage loans and home equity line of credits, the signing date will be considered as the closing date. Texaco® is a registered trademark of Chevron Intellectual Property LLC used under license by Island Energy Services LLC.
International Credit Union Day
Each year, International Credit Union Day is celebrated on the third Thursday of October (October 21st for 2021). This day celebrates the impact that credit unions have on its members and communities. The 2021 theme is, “Building financial health for a brighter tomorrow.” Coincidentally, Hickam FCU’s 85th Anniversary lands in October this year too.
To celebrate, we are inviting our members to visit any Hickam FCU branch on October 21st to receive a free 2022 Pocket Calendar and special carabiner/bottle opener tool while supplies last.
Mastercard® Priceless Surprises
Using any of our Hickam FCU debit or credit cards could surprise you with a $1,000 Mastercard Prepaid card. From now until December 31, 2021, you will automatically be entered to win when you use any Hickam FCU card to purchase groceries, get gas, go shopping, and more.
Upgraded Online and Mobile Banking System
On September 22nd, we rolled out our new and improved Online and Mobile Banking system. This was a much needed system upgrade that will greatly enhance your banking experience at Hickam FCU. Here are just a few of the awesome features you can benefit from:
- An Updated Interface allows you to access your account balances, schedule transfers and bill payments, and more easily.
- If you are pre-approved for any loans with Hickam FCU, you can easily check and accept offers in the Accept Loan Offers tab.
- CreditSense allows you to keep an eye on your credit score without impacting it.
- Click on the My Finances tab to stay on top of your finances with a free personal financial management tool.
- Set up Alerts to be notified about various things like your account balances, loan payment deadlines, certificate maturity, and more.
If you used our previous Online Banking system, you do not need to re-enroll. However, you will be prompted to accept the updated Terms & Conditions and will be asked to set up your password with multi-factor authentication.
For new users, enroll in Online Banking today!
Download our mobile app:
App Store® and the Apple logo® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Hickam FCU Holiday Schedule
All Hickam FCU branches and offices will be closed on the following days for the holiday season.
Friday, December 24, 2021
Saturday, December 25, 2021
Friday, December 31, 2021
Saturday, January 1, 2022
Please plan to conduct your credit union business ahead of the holiday closures. We hope you enjoy a peaceful and happy holiday season with your loved ones.
Making the Community Better, Together.
Hawaii Foodbank Fundraiser
From June 7th to July 31st, we set out on a goal to raise $3,000 for the Hawaii Foodbank as part of the Credit Union Coalition. With your generosity and support, we were able to pass our goal and raise $4,329.42! Just $10 can provide food for
25 meals, our donation can provide 10,800+ meals! Mahalo to everyone who contributed to this fundraiser.
Children's Miracle Network Fundraiser
On September 1st, we began fundraising for Hawaii Children's Miracle Network. This year's fundraiser is tied to a special cause. Recently, Martha Smith (former President/CEO of Kapi'olani, Straub and Pali Momi Medical Centers) passed away. She is known for many accomplishments including overseeing the Diamond Head Tower extension at Kapi'olani Medical Center.
The Hawaii Credit Union League has set a goal of $140,000 to help purchase a breast ultrasound machine for Kapi'olani Medical Center in Martha's honor. Hickam FCU will be fundraising with a goal of $5,000. Please help us in supporting this life-saving cause.
Get your limited edition Hickam FCU Cooler Bag at any branch while supplies last. Only $15 per bag!Click Here to Help
Medicare Made Easy Presentations
Mahalo to Taryn Kumamoto of Premier Benefit Consultants for hosting two informative Medicare Made Easy presentations for our members! Her presentations helped us navigate the Medicare maze in a clear and simple way. If you are approaching 65 years old or need information on Medicare, feel free to reach out to Taryn for a free consultation.
Taryn Kumamoto, Benefit Consultant
Email: [email protected]
Safe Shopping Tips
The holiday shopping season is around the corner and we have safe shopping tips whether you're shopping online or in-store.
- Use unique usernames and passwords when creating online banking accounts, shopping accounts with your favorite businesses, and for any other online account you make. Sometimes, thieves may try to hack your account if you have a simple username by guessing your password multiple times. For example: a username like "William" is more likely to be targeted versus a username like "Bill8710".
- Avoid using any personal identifiable information (PII) in your usernames and passwords. PII can be anything regarding your identity like first name, last name, birthdate, social security and more.
- Do not fall for any "too good to be true" deals from an unfamiliar business. Only shop on trusted websites.
- Sometimes we can't help but answer those trivial questions on social media sites like Facebook. Never comment any information about yourself on a public post - even if it is something as simple as "what's your favorite color?" or "what's the name of your favorite pet?". These responses can be collected by thieves to answer your security questions and gain access to your accounts.
- Do not make purchases while using public Wi-Fi and make sure your home Wi-Fi is private. Make sure your Wi-Fi is password protected.
- Use a credit card rather than a debit card whenever you can. It's usually easier to dispute suspicious charges on your credit card. Remember to watch your credit usage though!
- Park in a well-lit and highly visible area, preferably near a security camera too. Do not leave any packages or bags visible in your car. Always lock your car as soon as you leave or enter it. If there is a suspicious item (like a piece of paper or a zip-tie) on your car, do not stop to inspect it. Drive to a safe area before trying to take it off.
- Keep your bags, wallet, and phone on you and in sight. Do not leave it in a shopping cart or behind your back.